Welcome to the School Social Work Association of America
First Visit to SSWAA?
Welcome, We have a new website with lots of new features and resources for School Social Workers, University Faculty, Graduate Students, Administrators and the Parents we serve. Explore our headings and subheadings to find the topic you are looking for. We encourage you to learn more about SSWAA as well as School Social Work Services. If we can assist you, feel free to contact us.
Why a new website?
Although we JUST developed a different website in the last 2 years, our web provider was acquired by YourMembership (YM) and all websites needed to be "migrated" to YM. The good news is that the website has been redesigned and we will be able to provide even greater services to you!
ALL SSWAA members must Sign In with their current Username and NEW Password: SSWAA2014. You can then change your Username and/or Password, choose your Communication Preferences and update your Profile. See step by step instructions on how to: "Sign In to the Website for the First Time" Inactive and past members may also sign in using these instructions if you are already in our database.
New Member Wanting to Join SSWAA? Check out the Tutorial: "How to Become a Member of SSWAA"
For other Tutorials including "How to Register for the SSWAA Conference", click here .
- Updated design with lots more functionality
- Layers of subheadings so that you can find what you are looking for more easily
- Numerous Member Only pages that link to other related Member Only pages (no need to toggle back and forth)
- Provision of an "on-line community"
- Ability to network directly with colleagues
- Ability to share and problem solve in a safe and secured online community
- Ability to share, learn and acquire information on evidence based practices
- Ability to develop and participate in interest "groups" and "forums" (Forums pending. If you are interested in facilitating a forum or special interest group, let us know.)
- Ability to participate in "blogs" hosted by experts in the field (Blogs are pending)
- Ability to completely manage your own profile pages
- Profile page/on line community connections will be available on every web page
- Quick links to your "on-line community"
- Ability to modify your profile no matter where you are on the website
- Ability to control what notifications you receive.
- Ability to upload your own photos, resumes, etc.
- New Career Center.
- You will be able to post resumes and search for job positions (free service).
- Districts and other employers will have the opportunity to post positions (for a fee).
These are only the highlights of some of the new provisions. Have fun discovering all the resources SSWAA has to offer you.
How Do I:
Sign In to the Website for the First Time?
Become a Member of SSWAA?
Renew My Membership?
Register for the SSWAA Conference?
Update My Profile With Changes?
Change My User Name and Password?
Change My Communication Preferences?
Logged in Now?
- Grab a cup of coffee/tea/juice/water/soda......
- Sit back and start exploring items of interest
- Let us know if you find any links that don't work so we can fix them.
Visit often as we continue to develop resources and options for networking and acquiring best practice information.