Print Page   |   Sign In   |   Join
Take Action Home
Share |

Take Action:  Elementary & Secondary School Counseling Program (ESSCP)

We must urge Congress to fund the only existing school mental health grant program remaining in federal programs.The ESSCP allows school-employed mental health professionals - -- school social workers, school counselors, and school psychologists -- to work together to establish a comprehensive counseling program that helps to address barriers to learning and promote academic success.   Threats to the ESSCP continue through talks of ESEA Reauthorization and funding for Fiscal Year 2014 (FY 2014; school year 2013-14).   We need critical advocacy from all professionals and families hoping to protect this vital program!    For complete  information on how to Take Action, click here.

Take Action:  School Social Workers Improving Student Success Bill    

SSWAA is thrilled to share the news that Representative Gwen Moore (D-WI) has  reintroduced the "School Social Workers Improving Student Success Act."

At this point in the process, Rep. Moore's office has sent out a "Dear Colleague" letter to invite other Representatives to join her in co-sponsoring the bill.

We need your help!   For complete information on how to Take Action, click here

Take Action:  Support the Mental Health in Schools Act (H.R. 628 and S. 195) and the Mental Health Awareness and Improvement Act, S. 689

SSWAA applauds the Senate HELP Committee for its swift passage of the bipartisan Mental Health Awareness and Improvement Act, S. 689.  See summary of the bill.    We are asking the Senate to pass S. 689 as a stand-alone bill and asking the House to advance similar legislation, particularly the Mental Health in Schools Act, S. 195 and H.R. 628.  For complete  information on how to Take Action, click here. 

General Information:   

General Guidelines and template to contact your Congressperson.

Advocacy Resources.

Websites to Help You

How to find your U.S. Representative.

Frequently Asked Questions in writing your U.S. Representative.

How to contact your U.S. Senator.

Website that assists you in contacting Federal, State, County & City officials, including their addresses, telephones, faxes, emails and websites.

How to look up a piece of legislation: 
THOMAS: Congressional Legislation Resource: January of 1995, the leadership of the 104th Congress directed the Library of Congress to make federal legislative information freely available to the public. Since that time THOMAS has expanded the scope of its offerings to include: Bills, Resolutions, Activity in Congress, Congressional Record, Schedules, Calendars, Committee Information, Presidential, Nominations, Treaties, Government Resources, and Resources For Teachers  

Community Search
Sign In
Sign In securely
Directory Search

Social Media
     How to Use Pinterest