2015 Awardee: Oxford University Press
The 2015 SSWAA Book Award was given to Laura Erickson-Schroth who wrote Trans Bodies, Trans Selves: A Resource for the Transgender Community. Published by Oxford University Press, the book is a “must have” resource for questioning or transitioning teens, parents, teachers, social workers, and health care professionals. It has been recognized for its groundbreaking contributions by Publishers’ Weekly, Associated Press, and socialworker.com. SSWAA is pleased to endorse this book and hope that school social workers will share it with those who are most in need.
- Sidebars throughout feature personal stories, opinion pieces, and spotlights that explore topics in more detail
- All chapters contain references to additional resources such as books, movies, and organizations related to the each topic
- Includes an Afterword by the Founders of the Boston Women's Health Book Collective, authors of Our Bodies, Ourselves
- Supports a worldview of human rights for all people and recognizes that prejudice within our communities must be addressed
- Includes heavily-illustrated chapters throughout
Interested in ordering?
Link here: https://global.oup.com/academic/product/trans-bodies-trans-selves-9780199325351?cc=us&lang=en& Use SSWAA member discount code for 20% off.