International Journal of School Social Work (IJSSW)--Open Call for Papers
The School Social Work Association of America (SSWAA) is pleased to announce the launch of a new online journal for social workers and allied disciplines, the International Journal of School Social Work (IJSSW). The IJSSW will strive to inform school social work practice both in the United States and abroad. This electronic journal will allow wider access to current empirical research, best practice and a variety of international perspectives with shorter wait times between manuscript acceptance and publication. All manuscripts will be peer reviewed and once accepted will be available online and published immediately after final editing is complete. Manuscripts will be bundled into an issue when the needed numbers of manuscripts are complete in each section. The IJSSW has an international focus in five feature sections as a part of each issue:
- Evidence-Based articles (original research-case studies, secondary data analysis, qualitative , and quantitative studies),
- Evidence-Informed Practices (critical reviews of established interventions in schools e.g. systematic reviews of researched practices),
- Practice Wisdom (articles written by school social workers and allied professionals about notable practices in their setting),
- International Practice (research on exemplary school social work practice abroad-description of services, etc.)
- Student Perspectives (articles submitted by social work students describing their experiences as school social workers in both international and U.S. school contexts for notable case studies and exemplary school social work practices).
We have an OPEN CALL FOR PAPERS with a rolling deadline so papers are welcomed to be submitted anytime.
Please contact Kari D. Velzke, Editor-in-Chief at firstname.lastname@example.org or Efrosini Kokaliari, Associate Editor at email@example.com for submission inquires.
Visit our updated website at http://newprairiepress.org/ijssw/ for submission guidelines and to submit a manuscript.