February 10, 2014
HHS Report to Congress on Activities Related to Autism Spectrum Disorder
· Background: Covers legislative information regarding the CAA and CARA (including a summary of the previous Report to Congress FY 2006-FY 2009), describes interagency coordination efforts, and discusses the role of the Interagency Autism Coordinating Committee (IACC).
· Required Elements: Describes the requirements for the Report to Congress in the CAA and CARA. Includes programmatic and budget information from lead agencies within the HHS, Department of Education, Environmental Protection Agency, Department of Defense, and National Science Foundation.
· Updates on autism prevalence, diagnosis, screening, and average age for intervention.
· Descriptions of federal programs evaluating effectiveness and outcomes of interventions.
· Descriptions of federal programs providing adult services and supports.
This report is posted on the “Non-IACC Reports” web page on the IACC website. The full length report contains a full list of references and the web version additionally contains links
to the appropriate agency web pages with more information about the programs described.