Job Opening APPLICATIONS ARE CLOSED
SSWAA Associate Executive Director Position
The School Social Work Association of America (SSWAA) is seeking an Associate Executive Director (AED). The Associate ED will serve in this role from July 1, 2014 until December 31, 2014. Thereafter the AED will become the Co-Executive Director of SSWAA along with Mr. Streeck who will remain on staff for up to one year. The candidate chosen for this position will report directly to Mr. Frederick Streeck, the current Executive Director of SSWAA. The position will be a contracted position at the rate of $750 per month from July 1, 2014 to December 31, 2014 with an additional $750 for travel to the Delegate Assembly Meeting. The new AED must be available to attend the Delegate Assembly Meeting in Denver, CO July 18-20, 2014. The 2015 salary will be 50% of the ED salary, approximately $21,600 and $4,500 allotted for travel.
We feel strongly that the new Executive Director needs to be visionary, but also practical (i.e., able to get work done). Clearly, this person needs to be able to provide leadership at this time to move the profession forward in a single, coordinated fashion. Ideally, this person will be able to look at all of the work being done by state associations, NASW, universities, school districts, state education agencies, and individuals, and help all of those pieces fit together into a single, coherent strategy to further the profession.
General qualifications for the position are:
1) A Master of Social Work degree from a CSWE accredited institution
2) Experience as a school social worker
3) Leadership experience at the state and/or national level
4) Proven ability to develop and manage a budget and to write and manage contracts
5) Knowledge of generally acceptable accounting practices
6) Strong verbal and written communication skills
7) Strong interpersonal, ethical and collaboration skills
8) Strong computer skills (e.g., Excel, QuickBooks, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint)
9) Member of a state School Social Work Association is preferred (if applicable)
10) A current member of the School Social Work Association of America, is preferred
11) Paid leadership experience with expertise in evaluating, supervising and managing employees is preferred
See Personal Services Contract and the Associate Executive Director's Tasks and Details for job description The job description will be expanded in 2015.
The interview committee is comprised of 7 persons to include 3 SSWAA Board members, 1 former Board member, 1 SSWAA staff member, 1 Delegate Assembly member, and 1 State Association President member. All members of the interview committee will be active SSWAA members in good standing. The interview committee will have representatives on it from the South, North East, West and Mid-West areas of the U.S.
Resumes and cover letters should be emailed to Michelle Alvarez by 5:00 pm EST January 30, 2014. The committee will hold electronic interviews in February 2014 and face-to-face interviews will be held with finalists at the SSWAA National Conference in Chicago, IL March 19-22, 2014. All inquiries should be directed to President of the SSWAA Board of Directors, Dr. Michelle Alvarez, email@example.com or contact by phone 507-779-1504.
School Social Work Association of America
P. O. Box 1086; Sumner, WA 98390 - Contact Us