Graduate Student Input Wanted:
SSWAA is currently recruiting a new MSW Student Representative to the SSWAA Board
The School Social Work Association of America is seeking a 2nd Year/Advanced Standing MSW student for a Board position. The term of the position will be until December 2017. The conference will be held March 22 – 25, 2017 in San Diego, California. Applications will be accepted until October 15, 2016.
Who can apply for this position?
Any 2nd year or Advanced Standing student who is interested in the field of school social work and enrolled in a CSWE accredited MSW program. Membership in SSWAA and the state school social work organization (if applicable) is required upon appointment to the Board.
What is expected of the Student Board Member ?
The student will be expected to:
1) Participate in the Board’s monthly electronic meeting held once a month from 7:00-9:00 pm Central Standard Time (headphones with a microphone will be required for these calls) to add the student perspective to the issues discussed.
2) Attend the SSWAA National Conference in San Diego, CA from Wednesday, March 22 until Saturday, March 25, which will include participation in Board meetings and volunteering time at the conference, and attendance at the July 2017 Delegate Assembly.
3) Work closely with the SSWAA Membership Committee to recruit student members which could include developing recruitment materials, assisting with updating social media postings (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc), and reaching out to students interested in more information about SSWAA and the field of school social work.
4) Facilitate a meeting for students at the National Conference.
5) Assist with recruitment of the incoming MSW Student Representative, serving as mentor during the overlapping time on the Board.
What expenses will be paid for travel ?
The Student Board Member will be reimbursed for airfare, travel to/from airport/hotel, hotel and a per diem of $30 to offset the cost of food for attendance at the SSWAA National Conference and the summer Delegate Assembly Meeting.
How can a student apply for this Board position ?
Please email with a subject line of “SSWAA Application” to Susannah.email@example.com and the following information: name, address, phone number, a 300-word summary of why the student wants to serve on the SSWAA Board. Please also have a faculty member send a brief email supporting the student’s application for this Board position.
Deadline to apply is October 15, 2016. Students will be notified of decisions by November 1, 2016.
If you have any questions, please contact Susannah Wilkins, MSW Student Representative to the Board for SSWAA at Susannah.firstname.lastname@example.org.