SSWAA Webinar, June 5, 2012
Adaptation of the Danielson Framework for Teaching to School Social Work: One District's Experience
The series began with a presentation on the adaptation of the Danielson Framework for Teaching to school social work. Hillsborough County Schools was awarded a Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation Grant to implement a district-wide teacher evaluation system in 2009. Dr. Kenneth Gaughan, Supervisor of School Social Work Services and his leadership team who include Richard Lucas, Patricia Pili and Marta Rodriguez-Rivera, will share their experience with developing the process, they will share forms and tips on what to consider when participants are asked to embark on development of the same or a similar process. While SSWAA is partnering with Academics in the field of school social work to develop an adaptation of the Danielson Framework to share with members, Hillsborough was one of the first districts to develop a district-specific version and will provide great insight into the development and implementation process.
1. Participants will be able to define what components are important to include in the rubric for school social work evaluation.
2. Participants will understand what documents must be developed to implement the one teacher evaluation protocol.
3. Participants will gain a better understanding of the planning processes involved for the development of the frameworks for professional development and evaluation of social work practice in the public schools.
4. Participants will consider data elements for the measurement of the impact of school social work services on student performance.
5. Participants will gain a better understanding of the availability of expert information from professional organizations, the literature, and other sources.
How to Participate:
This webinar was presented using Adobe Connect. To listen to the 90 minute June 5, 2012 webinar on "Adapting the Danielson Framework for Teaching to School Social Work", please go to the link below:
In order to receive CEUs, complete Webinar Evaluation Form and submit to Michelle Alvarez.
Our Lead Speaker
Kenneth Gaughan, MSW, EdD, Supervisor of School Social Work Services, Hillsborough Public Schools, Tampa, Florida has twenty-three years of experience in administration/supervision. Thirty-two years of experience as a school social worker. Currently supervises the school social work program, Early Childhood through Adult Education, for the eighth largest school system in the United States. Developed communication and guidelines for the appropriate use of school and community resources for students experiencing learning, behavioral, attendance, and emotional problems. Initiated the Full Service Schools Program, District-Wide Parent Education Center, Project LINK, Inc. (Local Impact on Neighborhood Kids) and numerous school/family/community partnership activities. Leadership in the creation of the local procedures for improving student attendance as well as school-based mental health services district-wide.
School Social Work Association of America
P. O. Box 1086; Sumner, WA 98390 - Contact Us