What Does SSWAA Do For You?
Professional Liability Insurance (Malpractice Insurance)
> SSWAA members receive $250,000 Professional Liability Insurance from Forrest T. Jones & Company
> For an additional $25, SSWAA members can upgrade to $1,000,000 of Professional Liability Insurance which includes Job Protection Benefits. Check out the details
* Optional Health Insurance plans are also available (See additional information)
Professional Advocacy & Public Policy Development
* Employs 2 National Governmental Relations Specialists to lobby on our behalf.
> Provides professional advocacy and training at the national level.
> Provides an active voice in the development of public policy.
> Participates in numerous national collaborations to influence national policy and legislation.
See Advocacy and Legislation Section for all the work being done on behalf of School Social Workers and the people we serve.
* Provides advocacy and support at national, regional and state levels.
Electronic News Briefs
* Bi-Weekly “E-Bell” (electronic newsletters with the latest SSWAA activities as well as information and resources for School Social Workers) distributed electronically as well as "E-Blasts" providing News Flashes. Be sure to consider putting your personal email as your primary contact so that you don't miss out during breaks and the summer.
To print a membership card, Members will need to log in to print.
- Once logged in as a Member navigate to the “Manage Profile” page.
- Select the “Membership Card” icon.
* Full access to SSWAA’s website including:
> Usable practice tools, evidence based practices, research findings, position papers, and resolutions to assist you in your daily tasks.
> Promotional products designed to educate school boards, school administrators, and other professionals about school social workers' skills, function, and role on the school team.
> Articles, resources and valuable links relative to practitioner issues.Usable practice tools, evidence based practices, position papers, and resolutions to assist you in your daily tasks.
* Continues to actively support and promote School Social Work Research
* Reduced Dues
> Discounted SSWAA Membership if your state is an Affiliate State with SSWAA. See details.
* Annual Conference
> Provides reduced conference fees to attend SSWAA's National School Social Work Conferencesm
* Partnership with PAR, Inc.: SSWAA has recently partnered with PAR, Inc. to provide Mental Health Training and Assessment Product Discounts. See details.
* Publication Discounts:
> 33% discount on School Social Work Journal (Illinois Association of School Social Workers) Pay only $20.
> 20% discount on Oxford University Press SSWAA Series
> 5% discount on PAR, Inc. Assessment Products
Get further details for membership discounts on our Publication's Page.
* Provides technical assistance on key issues affecting School Social Workers.
* Develops tools to directly assist School Social Workers
> National Model for School Social Work
> Evaluation Rubric for School Social Workers (Based on Danielson Framework--in progress)
Support to States
* Provides support to state associations.
* Developed the opportunity for formal State Affiliations with state school social work associations.
* Members of State Affiliate state associations receive discounted SSWAA membership dues.
* A Delegate Assembly of Affiliate States was established so that states can provide a voice to SSWAA in decision making as well as assist in developing and furthering the vision of the School Social Work Association of America.
* Provides a venue for state associations to establish an independent account to collect their membership dues on line by credit card.
SSWAA Activity Update
For information about what the SSWAA Board and Staff have been doing, click here.
Click Here to download One Page Summary of Membership Benefits.
Please feel free to contact us if there is anything we can do to support you or your state association.